I was inspired by this blogger to contribute to a “Small Thanks” meme where people list small, easy-to-overlook things that make them happy. So here are things I’m thankful for today:
- I have an excuse to prepare a long and elaborate meal.
- I have just received the most recent season of Law & Order: SVU on DVD which will make grading a breeze.
- I have finally discovered how my pension fund works and it exceeds my wildest expectations. It’s like a Socialist dream, or something.
- N. has received a new version of his favorite video game and he’s happy. And when he’s happy, I’m happy for him.
- My niece Klubnikis is turning 3 years old on Saturday.
- Our departmental party will, for once, take place at a really good restaurant.
- I have been so productive this week that I feel justified in reading a new mystery by Peter Robinson.
- There are only 2 weeks of classes, after which I will have a semi-sabbatical until the end of August 2013.
Feel free to list your small thanks!