New Series: How Well Do You Know Clarissa?

OK, folks, I’m tired to the point where I have mild hallucinations and can’t blog about anything intelligent. So I have come up with a new series. In it, I will post questions aimed at discovering how well my readers know me after 3,5 years of blogging. Leave your answers in the comment section. The person who gets the most answers right will be declared a winner and I will do something nice for them that I will invent later on.

Here is the very first question to inaugurate the series: look at the pictures of the shoes and guess which is my absolutely favorite kind ever because it perfectly fits my personality and my sense of style.

A) Classic pumps

pumpsB) High boots

high boots

C) Mary Janes

mary janes

D) Ballet flats

ballet flats

E) Ankle boots

ankle boots

F) Stiletto heels

stilettoes

G) Espadrilles

espadrilles

Which pair do you associate me with the most?

28 thoughts on “New Series: How Well Do You Know Clarissa?

1. I’ll take a gander at it. ;-)
    Mary janes – because they are quirky, charming and a little offbeat, oh, and because they are a reasonable compromise between style and comfort.

2. The espadrilles! Bright, quirky, fun, would get students talking. I can also see you in the MJs.

3. Fie Upon This Quiet Life on said:

Ballet flats.

4. I will reveal the correct answer after everybody takes a guess. :-)

5. marc2020 on said:

Going to go with the Mary Janes as well

6. I’m now really eager to test my husband. I’m afraid he won’t guess right.

7. My first guess is Ballet Flats. My second guess would be Espadrilles.

8. Evelina Anville on said:

High boots: fashionable and you like the cold! (My second guess is ballet flats since you love to walk and they are both pretty but good for walking.)

9. Elizabeth on said:

High boots for sure

10. paranoid on said:

There’s no way that I would pick ballet flats or classic pumps. They are far too boring for Clarissa.

Espadrilles would match the outfits Clarissa has posted, but I’m picking high boots because they suit Clarissa’s love of winter.

11. I’m totally loving this series. :-)

12. titfortat on said:

C.

13. I know you like to wear ballet flats, so because I’m tired and don’t want to over-analyze my choice, I’ll go with that.

14. Yes, you have announced the ballet flats preference before.

15. I’d say the high boots although I’d have guessed low boots as I think you do a lot of dashing about. I just associate your striding about intellectually with striding about in dashing boots.

16. I think you once posted something about Mary Janes, so I’m going for them!

17. Since you’re from the Ukraine my first choice would be the high boots (classis style that never seems to go out of fashion east of Germany and north of Greece).

On the other hand it could be a trick question so I imagine who I’d expect to wear what in an American work environment (nb, this is only about 1/3 to 1/5 serious)

A) Classic pumps – Executive secretary or receptionist, must look good but not frivolous

B) High boots – Left an application, had a great resume, but was never called back…

C) Mary Janes – Executive trying to balance “serious and busnesslike” and “not over the hill yet”.

E) Ankle boots – No-nonsense intern from flyover country who reoganized the filing system

F) Stiletto heels – Doesn’t want to be working in this damn office and wants to make sure everybody knows it

G) Espadrilles – Dresses in the dark, loses important files (and talks to the plastic frogs she collects)

Still gonna go with the high boots. You can take the girl out of the Ukraine, but …..

• “You can take the girl out of the Ukraine, but …..”

– My sister must now be laughing and yelling, “Burn!!”

• D) Ballet flats – Intern who accidentally broke the copier and then spilled coffee on her computer

Oh no! Ballet flats are *my* preferred dressy interview shoe! (I also sometimes wear ankle boots, though.)

• Ballet flats are also the only kind of shoe that an autistic can wear without running the risk of breaking her neck. Of course, that same autistic also breaks every copier in sight and spills drinks and food all over the place. :-) :-)

• That’s pretty much why I wear them; I can’t walk (or even stand) in anything but the chunkiest high heel, and even those give me some difficulty. I descend stairs like an old woman unless my feet are perfectly flat on the ground.

• “That’s pretty much why I wear them; I can’t walk (or even stand) in anything but the chunkiest high heel, and even those give me some difficulty. I descend stairs like an old woman unless my feet are perfectly flat on the ground.”

– I knew that if somebody could understand me here, it would be you. :-)

18. Love – D