A student regaled me with the following pearls of wisdom in the very first essay I have read:
- Women want men to give them extravagant gifts because the cost of a gift is proof of love from women’s point of view.
- Women are more likely to choose men who give them expensive gifts over men who don’t because men who don’t give expensive gifts have no way of showing their love.
- Women whose husbands work a lot are likely to cheat on them because they get bored.
- Women need more attention, gifts and compliments than men.
- Women don’t like men who can’t help them to improve their economic standing.
If I manage to teach students that academic essays are not a good place to went their medieval prejudices, I will be a happy person.
P.S. This was a female student.