Our local movie theaters are the worst. Here is what’s showing this weekend:
1. American Hustle – something typically Hollywoodian with FBI agents, crooks, and mafia.
2. Anchorman: The Legend Continues – this seems to be a TV show people confused with a movie.
3. Frozen – based on Andersen’s depressive Snow Queen.
4. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – haven’t people had enough of the Hobbit already?
5. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - another episode of yet another TV show that wouldn’t end.
6. Saving Mr. Banks - an inane glorification of Disney.
7. Tyler Perry’s A Madea Christmas - and another episode in another TV show.
8. Walking with Dinosaurs – would be fun if I were eight.
9. Out Of The Furnace - the only movie that is about the actual reality and the only one I wanted to watch. But there is only one showing, and that’s at 12 am.
Do notice how completely escapist the entire list is. Escapist and predictable, since everything is either Disney or is a sequel to something people have seen already.
I want to watch something but nothing new is getting released.