Jonathan has this new productivity method where he writes down what he did every day. I’m not sure how it works but I’ll give it a try. Today I:
– edited a contributor’s excruciating article
– wrote 1,200 words of my Boston talk, which is insane, and I never do that but the words were pouring out of me and I couldn’t stop
– made fish soup
– watched Citizen Kane
– watched Dr Phil
– watched The Profit
[It sounds like a lot of watching but I always watch TV shows while I work or cook]
– graded two student presentations and wrote detailed comments
– added new association members to the system and emailed them
– read Karina Sainz Borgo’s new novel on Venezuela.
Then I picked up my kid and played with her for a few hours.
OK, this is having an effect because I though I’d been useless all day but I actually got some stuff done.