Here’s an interesting longish read on how impossible it turned out to publish a study that analyzed which kind of professors prioritized knowledge and which kinds were more interested in SJWing.
Professors were asked to rank the following according to the degree of importance:
- Academic rigor
- Knowledge advancement
- Academic freedom
- Students’ emotional well-being
- Social Justice
For me it would be 2, 3 (understood as nobody telling me what to teach), 1, 4. I wouldn’t put 5 on my list at all because it has zero meaning other than a professor filling up class time with complete idiocy because she has no actual material she can teach.
Here’s what the study found:
- Relatively conservative professors valued academic rigor and knowledge advancement more than did relatively liberal professors.
- Relatively liberal professors valued social justice and student emotional well-being more so than did relatively conservative professors.
- Professors identifying as female also tended to place relative emphasis on social justice and emotional well-being (relative to professors who identified as male).
- Business professors placed relative emphasis on knowledge advancement and academic rigor while Education professors placed relative emphasis on social justice and student emotional well-being.
- Regardless of these other factors, relatively agreeable professors tend to place higher emphasis on social justice and emotional well-being of students.
This explains gender disparities in student evaluations very well.