Here’s part of the trick that’s being played on us.
People are prevented from making money in the ways they are used to. Enormous numbers of small businesses are closed. Business owners fire all the workers and close the business.
What do they do next?
They move their business to Facebook. (Or LinkedIn. Or Instagram.)
Here in my small town, we had a guy who created a fitness program that was very popular (I was a member, loved it). We had a baker who started a cupcake store. They both went broke immediately after lockdowns. They are now on FB. He started an FB weight loss program which I didn’t join because eww. She’s giving cooking lessons and selling baking equipment on FB.
So here’s the algorithm:
1. Facebook bans posts questioning lockdowns and gives enormous payouts to pro-lockdown politicians.
2. Lockdowns drive businesses to Facebook. More and more people are completely dependent on Facebook for their livelihood.
3. Facebook bans politicians and ideas it doesn’t like.
4. Everybody is too terrified to object because they can’t make a living if Facebook bans them.
5. There’s never anybody elected again who isn’t to the liking of one single guy – the owner of Facebook.
Of course, now the question arises why we need to vote at all. Let Facebook appoint whomever directly. Spare us the trouble.