Mainstream journalists hate us, bloggers, because they realize that we are the future of journalism. Many people rely on their favorite blogs for information, entertainment, company, opportunities to vent, make friends, ask for advice, share experiences, and do many other crucial things. A Douthat-like reporter who only knows how to disgorge a column filled with same old banalities once a week for a huge salary cannot really compete with a dedicated blogger who shares her or his multi-faceted reality with people every day and for free. This is why I really like the idea of the Versatile Blogger Award that recognizes bloggers who approach a variety of topics in a variety of ways.
An insightful blog talking about a variety of topics. Definitely very versatile. Sometimes Clarissa makes me laugh, sometimes she makes me think. But always she makes me want to be a better person.
Thank you, Rachel! This makes me very happy and also gives me a chance to promote some really cool bloggers.
Here are the conditions of the award:
1) Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2) Inform the Bloggers of their nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Post the award badge.
So here are the bloggers I would like to nominate. I don’t think I can get all the way to 15 because I want to nominate only the folks who are really and truly versatile:
Northern Gaijin is a Canadian blogger who is a veritable fount of useful information on a variety of issues. If you run out of blogging ideas, visit his blog and you are bound to found something curious and new. Besides, he posts amazing travel photos and beautiful restaurant reviews.
Spanish prof’s blog – When the blog was first started, it was defined as a blog for people who teach Spanish. It’s author, however, has so many things to say about politics, traveling, movies, makeup, money, etc. that the blog soonj became truly versatile and great fun to read.
The Anachronistic Aardvark not only discusses a variety of subjects on his blog. He also writes really well. This is one of those really good blogs that definitely deserve a wider readership.
Nominatissima is a blogger we all know and love. She is also a person who talks about a variety of subjects on her blog. Autism, student life, LGBTQ activism, foodie adventures, love, romance, politics – what a great blog, people! And she posts a lot, which is something I really like.
Dan Miller is a blogger whose research is always meticulous and whose posts on a wide variety of subjects are always very informative.
Danny of Danny’s Corner is a blogger I really like and respect because he is very honest, he writes very well, and he always has a very unexpected approach to things. I never fail to feel enlightened after visiting his blog.
So these are the truly versatile bloggers I know and want to nominate.
And now 7 random facts about me:
1. The very first thing I do after getting out of bed in the morning is turn on my computer.
2. I always read, eat or watch videos in the bath-tub.
3. I spend at least 15 minutes every day staring at the sky.
4. I don’t like dessert. Unless the dessert is a piece of sausage.
5. I know a recipe called “hairy sausage” and will share it on this blog soon.
6. When I laugh at a joke, it’s usually just to be polite. Normally, I get the joke two days later and then have a real laugh.
7. You can figure out what my mood is every day by observing what kind of cup I drink my morning coffee from.