On this page you can find my most popular book, movie and restaurant reviews that have attracted the most visitors. Book reviews are alphabetized on the basis of the author’s last name.
– Mohsin Hamid’s How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia
– Alain Badiou’s The Communist Hypothesis: Part I and Part II
– Zygmunt Bauman’s Does Ethics Have a Chance in a World of Consumers?: Part I and Part II
– Zygmunt Bauman’s Liquid Modernity Part I, Part II
– Noam Chomsky’s Hopes and Prospects: Part I and Part II
– Susan J. Douglas’s Enlightened Sexism
– Terry Eagleton’s On Evil: Part I and Part II
– Terry Eagleton’s Reason, Faith, and Revolution: Part I and Part II
– Terry Eagleton’s Why Marx Was Right, Part I, Part II
– Ken Follett’s Fall of Giants: Part I and Part II
– Jonathan Franzen’s Freedom: Part I and Part II
– Tana French’s Faithful Place
– Selina Hastings’s The Secret Lives of Somerset Maugham: Part I and Part II
– Laura Lippman’s Hardly Knew Her
– Neil McKenna’s The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde
– Eduardo Mendoza’s Riña de gatos. Madrid, 1936
– Markos Moulitsas’s American Taliban
– Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight
– V. S. Naipaul’s A Bend in the River
– Ruth Rendell’s Tigerlily’s Orchids
– Christina Stead’s The Man Who Loved Children
– Slavoj Žižek’s Living in the End Times: Part I and Part II.
– Slavoj Žižek’s On Belief: Part I and Part II
– Black Swan
– Steel Magnolias
– The Adjustment Bureau
– The Motorcycle Diaries
– Imitation Game
Coco Louco Restaurant in St. Louis (Brazilian cuisine)
Essence Restaurant in Montreal
Lunella Ristorante in New York (Italian cuisine)
The Modern Restaurant in New York (very high-priced)
Shodan Restaurant in Montreal (Japanese cuisine, very high-priced)
Domus Cafe, Ottawa, Canada (contemporary Canadian cuisine, high-priced)
Ellefsen Cafe, Montreal, Canada (Scandinavian cuisine, budget prices)
Le filet, Montréal, Canada (tapas – sized dishes, contemporary with Japanese influence)
5 thoughts on “Reviews”
For book club, what about this, which I cannot believe I did not know existed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_Western_Eyes (Conrad on Russia)
I haven’t read it. I now feel ashamed. I really like Conrad but somehow I never read this novel.
Ok, I just downloaded a free copy.
Well, I consider myself poorly read but not to have even known about this novel is even worse than I usually do! 😉
I vaguely remember hearing the title but that’s about it. There are too many good books in the world.