The greatest achievements of the Enlightenment era were:
- The belief in the primacy of human reason
- Sex-based rights for women
- Individual rights, such as freedom of expression and association
- The idea that children are different from adults and should be treated differently
- Comprehensive education for everybody
Enlightenment has its problems but any point on this list is a gigantic achievement of human civilization.
We are now walking them all back out of obscurantism, ignorance and prejudice.