Some of the most extreme manifestations of consumerism are:
1. Bucket lists. Life as measured by acts of conspicuous consumption. Consuming “experiences” is as consumerist as buying shoes.
2. Tinder and Co. Consuming people as clumps of meat and nothing else.
3. Subscription boxes. Buying things without even knowing what they are.
4. Decluttering craze. Getting rid of stuff to buy more stuff.
5. Gender fluidity. Pretending that one body is several to buy stuff for all of them.
Feel free to add to the list.