Macron Gossip

So is it true that Macron is married to an old pedophile or are Russians bulshitting, as usual?

25 thoughts on “Macron Gossip

1. He is, he married his former teacher, 24 years older than him. It’s unclear when the relationship began, but he was easily underage when it did:

• Oh God, this is very creepy. Bleh, horrible people.

• adrianaurelien on said:

I thought she was just older than him. Ew!

• Spiderbaby on said:

This is really controversial. I’ve talked to some people who are disgusted by this and others who say it’s very bold and unconventional.
      I know a woman who met her actual husband when she was 15 and he was 28; he wasn’t in a power position over her (unlike Trogneux) and they have two kids now.
      Should the older person discourage the younger person’s interest? Or just keep it on hold until s/he turns 18? I abashedly confess that I don’t know what to think about it.

• If an adult person X has sexual interest towards a 14-year-old, all it means is that person X was sexually traumatized at that age and the trauma still hurts. A responsible, self-aware person goes to a doctor and treats the trauma. An irresponsible dumb person starts abusing 14-year-olds to keep reliving the trauma like one picks on a scab.

14-year-olds can be 2-year-olds, 11-year-olds or any age when the rapist experienced trauma. What’s dangerous is having a child with this kind of person. Once the child reaches the magical age, there is no chance the abuser won’t violate his or her boundaries in some way.

• Spiderbaby on said:

I understand what you’re saying, but isn’t there a big difference between pedophiles and adults who are attracted to teenagers -people who have hit puberty? I’m horrified by the former and upset by the latter, but if a kid has reached the age of consent, what can you -the external observer- do about it?
          When I was 17 I had a brief relationship with a 22 year old guy; if I had been 18, whould it have been different?
          Sorry for inundating you with so many questions, but I’m quite sensitive about this topic 😐

• I was 16 when I met my future ex-husband 😁 who was 20. The difference is only 4 years, which would be nothing, say, 10 or 15 years later. But he was clearly lagging behind his age to have interest in a school girl. The relationship collapsed when neither he nor I could pretend any longer that I was still a child. I wasn’t abused by him or anything like it but he clearly couldn’t deal with me as an adult woman.

What of people who have interest in “barely legal” partners?

I see so many, many profiles from men my age who want to date women who are 18-21. I sense they’d go lower if it were legally permissable.

With Macron, it sounds like he may have been groomed.

2. adrianaurelien on said:

Entirely unrelated, but it’s shocking to see someone with good ideas about the direction the Democratic party needs to go writing in the New York Times:

• I was just reading this very article! And yes, it’s unbelievable that this still needs to be said.

• adrianaurelien on said:

I sometimes see people talking about how reach to these voters, but when they elaborate it’s clear they don’t know how to do it (“we need to run progressives nationwide!”) Even that’s better than the do nothing approach many are in favor of.

3. It’s more like ephebophulia, but Russians are right this time.

4. Situations vary and rules have exceptions. Take the case of two famous historians, Will and Ariel Durant. He had a PhD from Columbia and was teaching at a prep school in Manhattan; she was his student. He resigned his teaching position to marry her (she was 15 and he was 32). The remained devoted to each other until death; dying within two weeks of each other in 1981. They won a Pulitzer and a National Freedom Medal for their 11 volume “The Story of Civilization” — which I read and enjoyed back in the day. By the way, she was Ukrainian.

Finding rules that universally apply to everyone is not easy.

By the way, most US states don’t have minimum ages for marriage with parental consent. There was an article today on an arranged marriage involving a 12-year-old in Florida, and there are known cases involving 11-year-olds as well. Apparently, in one case, the marriage was arranged simply to avoid having the adult charged with rape.

So what do you make of pedophilia with parental consent?

In Macron’s case, I understand that they married after he graduated and was of legal age.

5. Dreidel on said:

I wonder how many of your readers are old enough to remember the international scandal with rock-and-roll singer Jerry Lee Lewis that occurred 50 years ago this week.

In the late 1950s, Lewis was a HUGE rock-and-roll star, almost as big a celebrity as Elvis. Then while on a tour in England, it was revealed that Lewis, 22 years old, was married to his 13-year-old “first cousin once removed” (meaning she was the daughter of one of Lewis’ first cousins). This was legal in his home state of Louisiana, but the rest of the world was SHOCKED!!!

The international tour was cancelled, Lewis was blacklisted from television shows, and radio stations refused to play any of his records. The scandal permanently ended his rock-and-roll stardom, although he later made a modest comeback as a country music singer.

It would be interesting to see how the world would react to a situation like that today…

• Hopefully, he’d go to jail, that dumb fucker. But there was an article in the New York Times today about this kind of shit still happening in this country.

• Dreidel on said:

Lewis was (and still is) deeply religious in a fundamentalist Protestant way. One of his cousins that he didn’t marry is the infamous evangelist television preacher Jimmy Swaggert.

He’s apparently always been concerned that he might go to hell because of his rock-and-roll music, but not because of his many marriages.

Was it the fact that 1)she was his very close relation, 2)she was 13, 3)both, or 4) that he married her?

There are so many rock stars and musicians who got with barely legal women or seemed to have groomed them, Jimmy Page, Ted Nugent, Steven Tyler, Elvis

• Dreidel on said:

It was because of all three reasons: her age, the family relationship, and the marriage.

Elvis began his relationship with Priscilla Wagner in 1959 when she was 14 and he was 24, but didn’t marry her until she was 21. Both Elvis and Priscilla claimed that they didn’t have sex until their wedding night.

6. Macron is an elite trojan horse (cannily packaged as an “outsider” despite serving in previous governments). Such candidates always have some skeletons in their closet to represent them (presumably for “leverage”). IINM there are also rumors about Macron (and/or wife) being into bisexual SM orgies or the like (I’m not claiming the rumors are true, just that they’re out there0.

7. anonP on said:

OTOH, noone seems to have a problem with the fact that the age difference between Trump and his wife (and in many other older men-younger women couples) is about the same as between Marcon’s wife and Marcon…

• ” noone seems to have a problem with the fact that the age difference between Trump and his wife ”

It’s called “The facts of life”. Women have more of a fertility…. window than do men and young man and much older women makes nowhere near as much reproductive sense as young woman and much older man.
      You can argue that some/many oldmen with young women relationships are still creepy (and I’ll agree) but they are reproductively viable in a way that Macron’s union isn’t.

And Melania was 28 when she met Trump, which is very different from 15 (not to mention the differences in life experience between her and Macron at 15….)

• It’s not the age difference that bothers me. It’s the sexual abuse of an underage boy.

If a Catholic priest, for instance, has sex with a 22-year-old man who’s 20 years younger, I have no opinion on that. It’s between them. But if the same priest has sex with a boy, that’s an entirely different thing and let’s jail the bastard.