1. Choose financial success as your only motivation. When selecting a Major in college or a new job, only choose those that will supposedly bring you the most money.
2. Whenever you meet a successful person in your field, immediately decide that they got to their place in life because they slept with the right people, had connections, or were lucky.
3. Collect stories about people who became rich and successful through a stroke of luck. Reject stories of those who worked hard to achieve success by explaining them in terms of the previous point.
4. Whenever you are passed by for promotion or get your article rejected, immediately conclude that people have conspired to keep you down because they are intimidated by your brilliance.
5. Never contemplate the possibility that your work might be far from perfect and you still might need to learn and improve. You are a hundred times brighter than most other people in your field and deserve to be at least as successful as they are with no extra effort.
6. Conclude that the world is basically unfair, so it makes no need to keep trying.
7. See every sign of economic well-being in a colleague or friend as a sign that they sold their soul.
8. Constantly imagine yourself on your own yacht in the Caribbean but, whatever you do, do not create a practical strategy of how you can get there.
9. Remember that working hard for decades to reap the rewards later on in life is not for you. You deserve the best and you should be getting it right now.
10. Choose a group of people who are to blame for everything that goes wrong in your life: women, Jews, Arabs, gays, immigrants, the disabled. Come what may, dont forget that it is all their fault.
Other suggestions to the list are welcome.