I’m 87?

This test says that my color perceptions are those of an 87-year-old.

Erm.

16 thoughts on “I’m 87?

87 for me too. And I have the eyes of a hawk. This is bullshit!

• The irony is that an actual woman in her 80s on my Facebook was told she’s 16. She’s a bit stumped.

• Stringer Bell on said:

The questions were not well-posed too. There was one that asked if this was a black and white picture. I just saw black and gray, so marked no as my answer, only to realize later that they were using the non-literal definition of b&w as ‘absence of color’.

• Really? To me those were shades of grey pictures. They should have just asked if I see color. Jeez.

• “There was one that asked if this was a black and white picture. I just saw black and gray”

If it’s the one I’m thinking of, then it was about shades of gray in black and white look subtle different from shades of gray in color, that is a color picture of all-gray things looks slightly different from a black and white picture of all-gray things…

(I only worked that one out after finishing the test, and also figuring out that they weren’t trying to trick you with optical illusions, like the red and blue pills with different color backgrounds..)

2. Must boast: I got 18!

• Also I did the quiz that was on the sidebar of the eyesight one, on which country in the world best suits my personality, and it says India! I hope it’s not solely based on me choosing the curry dish as the most appetizing among the list in one of the questions.

3. I’m 18!…… in horse years maybe.

4. My coutry is FRance…. why just the other day I was remarking about how almost every political idea theh French have is wrong

5. My country is France:

\ You are a romantic who enjoys strolling through cobblestone streets and markets. You are inspired by art and architecture, and thrive being surrounded by other artists and intellectuals. You enjoy the bustle of a city, but also love spending time in the warm countryside, sitting at a cafe, and having a glass of wine or coffee. Your soul is nourished by being in nature, and by having deep meaningful conversation about love, art, and the meaning of life.

6. Dreidel on said:

Medical reality check:

This test is nonsense, anyway. Absent some type of eye disease, people have the same color vision all their lives. If you have normal color vision, as nearly all women do, it stays that way. If you’re partially color-blind (8% of men), you’re stuck with that, too.

The idea that you see different colors at age 8 than at 38 or 58 is garbage. In elderly people, age-related eye conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, and macular degeneration can affect color perception — but this is due to specific medical conditions.

• Stringer Bell on said:

They don’t call ol’ Dreidel the life of the party for nuthin’.

• Dreidel on said:

Ah, Stringer Boy, you want me to join the party? (Actually, you just want a response from me right?) Well, okay, as long as we’re playing nice, here goes:

According to this garbage test, here are my results: “Your Age: 18. Impressive! Your eyes see colors as an 18 year old. Your eyes see detail with extraordinary clarity and precision! Getting this result is a big indicator of a health vision and an active mind!”

The truth is, I see colors as a 72 YEAR OLD with congenital grade I mild red-green color-blindness. (Do the math: That’s 18-years-old x FOUR = 72!!!) When I took my first physical for a civilian pilot’s license at age 18, I couldn’t read ANY of the color vision dot tests with numbers in them — but I got the license after I stood out in a field at the edge of an airport and identified the four-color aviation light guns (red, green, blue. and white) aimed at me from the tower.

When I joined the Air Force as a flight surgeon (flying doctor) at age 31, I had exactly the same color deficiency, and was welcomed into U.S. military flying status, because the Air Force really needed doctors, and couldn’t be too picky.

I was a big help flying around spotting camouflage on the ground during war exercises, because partially color-blind people can see right through camouflage, whether it’s an artificial military situation (tanks or cannons hidden under a green grassy net) or natural ( a rattlesnake or scorpion coiled in fallen autumn leaves).
        The trick –? Camouflage tries to mask shapes with color, and if the color doesn’t stand out, the shapes aren’t hidden.

My (slightly defective but well compensated for) color vision is precisely the same today as when I was 1/4th my age, and if Clarissa (whose chances of a color vision deficit are only one in 200 because she’s a woman), scores a meaningless “87,” the test is obviously worthless.

You, Stringer Boy, could be among the 8% of partially color-blind men who go through life never knowing that. Well, as long as you can safely stop at traffic lights, and can tell tomatoes from avocados when you go shopping, don’t worry about it.

7. Pen on said:

I got 18. Not exactly sure what they’re basing their results on, though.

8. I did the country again, choosin all my least favorite of the options given and it still came out as France…

I did it once just randoming it and the answer was New Zealand

I’m very sure there are just five or six options, now I’m curious about what they all are.